I’m praying for a host of women who will serve Christ fiercely as warriors in the battle:
[box]“The Lord gives the word; the women who announce the news are a great host” (Psalm 68:11)[/box]
When I refer to “battle,” please don’t misunderstand my terminology. I’m not calling for us to take up arms against anyone. Our enemy is not flesh and blood. We’re not literally warring against people, but our battle is against the adversary of our souls; against spiritual forces of wickedness, against godless philosophies and destructive lies (2 Cor. 10:3–5; Eph. 6:10–20; Col. 2:8).
How can you serve in this battle?
- Press into Christ and be attentive to the Spirit’s direction through being in a right relationship with God.
- Be a faithful student of the Word. Know God’s truth and be able to articulate it to others, as well as use it to counter lies from the enemy!
- Become a prayer warrior. Be faithful in intercession for those God clearly lays on your heart and those on the front lines of battle.
- Stand for truth in the culture—even when it is uncomfortable.
- Pour truth into everyone who will receive.
- Do battle in the armor God has provided—don’t attempt to serve without being adequately prepared.
- Serve as a fierce warrior—softened by God’s grace—knowing where you would be without His atoning work. Reach out to those in opposition to truth with a winsome and gracious heart.
Thankfully, the victory is not dependent on us. We are following the Captain of our salvation (Hebrews 2:10) who is our “King from of old, working salvation in the midst of the earth” (Psalm 74:12).
As we battle for the men, women, and families of our nation, of this world, we look to Him for the victory!
[box]O give us help against the adversary,
For deliverance by man is vain.
Through God we shall do valiantly,
And it is He who will tread down our adversaries (Psalm 60:11–12).[/box]