I flew to St. Petersburg, Florida yesterday and will be speaking this weekend to a group of hungry-hearted women! Will you join me in asking God to meet with us? Will you join our hearts in asking God to move within the Church at large to bring true revival?
I’m excited about being with a group of women who are committed to living out God’s mission for their lives. I’m asking God to fill my mouth to speak what He wants communicated this weekend.
Please pray that God will meet with us and instruct us.
Whenever I speak, it is always with fear and trembling; knowing what an awesome responsibility it is to share God’s Word. So why am I taking the long flight and putting myself under that pressure again? What is my motivation in giving up the weekend with my favorite person in the world (my hubby)?
Why am I in Florida? I’ve shared this with you before, but I can never say this enough:
Women need to hear the truth about our great redeeming God.
We live in a day noisy with the clutter of false ideas and loud, ungodly, rhetoric. Women are confused and in need of truth. Marriages are failing, children are walking away from the faith and women are drowning in a sea of lost dreams and hopelessness. I can’t fix this, but I know One who can.
What is the answer?
Don’t misunderstand me when you read the word revival. I’m not talking about an old-fashioned tent meeting, or church event on the calendar where people come, have an emotional experience, and leave without measureable life-change.
When I use the word: revival, I’m talking about a revolution of mind and heart that so affects a group of people that there is no mistaking they’ve been radically affected by God!
A God-Centered Revolution where:
- People cannot get enough of the Word of God—they hungrily devour it, memorize it, meditate on it, and then (what a novel idea) they actually APPLY it to their daily lives!
- Employees view their place of work as their mission field and live out their Christianity with integrity, graciousness, a God-centered work ethic, and sincere hospitality.
- Marriages are healed and transformed—never to be the same again.
- Gossips repent and use their mouths to speak truthful, life-giving words.
- The next generation is fueled with a passion for Christ.
- The cynicism of the age begins to close its mouth in wonder over God’s obvious work in people’s lives.
- The older generation lives with a commitment to be fruitful to their dying breath.
This is what I dream for. This is what I live for. This is why I pack my bags and take another weekend away. I’m only one small speaker in a world of voices, but I pray God meets with us. I pray God moves in the lives of women who are attending this conference.
I’m asking God to ignite the fire of revival.
Will you join me in asking for that? Will you pray for us this weekend?