You may not be able to relate to these at all. But I’m having a little conversation here with God and I thought I’d jot it down and share it with you . . .
You are my benevolent, gracious, all-knowing, all-wise, all-powerful, Master and Savior.
So . . .
* Why do I spend so much time thinking about myself, when You are so much more appealing to consider?
* Why do I hesitate to run headlong into Your plans, when I know You know what is best?
* Why do I fill my mind with worry, when I know You’ve got this, You don’t need my energy spent there?
* Why do I retreat when You said, “Go!”?
* Why do I fight for self when You called me to die to self?
* Why do I exalt myself when in order to glorify You, I must decrease?
And . . .
* Why am I so quick to give up, when You give grace for endurance?
* Why is my heart so quickly turned to doubt when I’ve seen what You can do?
* Why do I need to re-learn old lessons, when You’ve provided such clear instruction?
* Why is it easier to pick up the Pharisee’s mantle than to share the grace You’ve given?
I think it’s because I’m still very much a “work in progress,” but I am so grateful that God has promised to keep changing me:
[box]“For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 1:6)[/box]
Knowing that one truth brings hope and rest.
For those of you who joined me in January for the “Top Ten” series and you passionately desire to grow in Christ and glorify God . . . don’t be discouraged if progress is slow.
Remember, it’s His work, by His grace, through His means of sanctification. Rest in that.
Do you have any questions you’re asking God today?