For those of you who’ve stayed with me all the way through our study of Colossians—way to go! I hope your love for this precious letter has grown as we’ve walked through it together. Every time I read it, my heart yearns to live out these truths fully! My appreciation for the apostle Paul deepens as I consider how he poured himself out (continually) for the sake of seeing every person discipled and brought to completion in Christ (Col. 1:28).
As we move on from Colossians, I want to encourage you to not stop studying! Choose another book to soak in. Read and re-read the contents as you pray and ask the Holy Spirit to open your heart and give you understanding. Note repetitive words and themes. Jot down questions (like the ones I’ve given you) and explore the terrain of the book! I would love to hear what book you choose to tackle and what God is teaching you! (I’m diving into the book of Revelation!)
I hope you’ll take time to work through the questions below and let me know any take-aways you have from Colossians!
- Put this chapter into a simple 4 or 5 point outline. Your Bible may have paragraph headings that will help you with this, but it is best to develop your own outline or headings in your own words. Remember, you want to “own” this book when you’re finished studying it!
- What principles for your life have you gleaned from Chapter 4?
- Were there any concepts that you found difficult to understand?
- Were there any verses that you found personally convicting?
- What did you find in this chapter that was personally motivating?
- Record things that you personally appreciate about God because of what you see Him doing in this passage or characteristics of His that are revealed.
- What is your “big picture take-away” from studying Colossians?
Image courtesy of phasinphoto/FreeDigitalPhotos.net