Do the bloody scenes of war delivered through the daily news feed unsettle you? Or have your senses become dulled to the extent that you’re no longer alarmed by the global conflicts? You may feel insulated from the terrors that others are experiencing, but make no mistake, you are involved in a very real battle. But this battle won’t be headlined on the daily news.
Our battle is not with flesh and blood and the outcome is already determined—the victory belongs to our Deliverer.
At the cross, Jesus drew a line in the sand with the demonic realm. Jesus disarmed the demonic authorities and removed their power to hold us eternally captive by conquering death. Today, we still have skirmishes with the spiritual forces of wickedness, but one day, there will be a final battle where the enemy of our souls, and his demons, will finally be brought to judgment:
[box]“And the angels who did not stay within their own position of authority, but left their proper dwelling, he has kept in eternal chains under gloomy darkness until the judgment of the great day . . .” (Jude v.6)[/box]
[box]“And the devil who deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are also; and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.” (Rev. 20:10)[/box]
While we wait for that day, as we battle against the evil forces of darkness, I’m praying for a host of women who will serve Christ fiercely as warriors in the battle:
[box]“The Lord gives the word; the women who announce the news are a great host” (Psalm 68:11)[/box]
When I refer to “battle,” please don’t misunderstand my terminology. I’m not calling for us to take up arms against anyone. Our enemy is not flesh and blood. We’re not literally warring against individuals, but our battle is against the adversary of our souls; against spiritual forces of wickedness, against godless philosophies and destructive lies (2 Cor. 10:3–5; Eph. 6:10–20; Col. 2:8).
How can you serve in this battle?
- Press into Christ and be attentive to the Spirit’s direction through being in a right relationship with God. Be ready to serve the fallen, the broken, and needy.
- Be a faithful student of the Word. Know God’s truth and be able to articulate it to others, as well as use it to counter lies from the enemy!
- Become a prayer warrior. Be faithful in intercession for those God clearly lays on your heart and those on the front lines of battle. Have a heart to pray effectively for your enemies.
- Stand for truth in the culture—even when it is uncomfortable.
- Humbly pour truth into everyone who will receive.
- Do battle in the armor God has provided—don’t attempt to serve without being adequately prepared.
- Battle as a grace-filled prayer warrior, knowing where you would be without His atoning work. Reach out, with a winsome and gracious heart, to those who oppose God’s truth.
- Join us for True Woman ’16 where thousands of women will be crying out to God together! Be a part of this strategic prayer event.
Thankfully, the victory is not dependent on us. We are following the Captain of our salvation (Hebrews 2:10) who is our “King from of old, working salvation in the midst of the earth” (Psalm 74:12).
As we battle for the men, women, and families in our nation and those across the globe, we look to Him for the victory!
[box]O give us help against the adversary,
For deliverance by man is vain.
Through God we shall do valiantly,
And it is He who will tread down our adversaries (Psalm 60:11–12).[/box]
Are you ready to do battle?
Will you be one of the host of women who are crying out to God?
Image courtesy of stockimages/FreeDigitalPhotos.net