Even if I wasn’t a fan of Nancy DeMoss Wolgemuth . . . even if I thought you weren’t a fan of reading . . . even if you told me that you already know Titus 2 inside and out . . . I would still urge you to utilize Nancy’s latest book, Adorned: Living Out the Beauty of the Gospel Together.
This is the discipleship resource that every woman needs.
If you’ve never had the privilege of being discipled by a spiritually mature woman, here’s your chance. The best form of discipleship is life-on-life, and that’s what this book prepares you to do. But if you’ve never had a woman serve as a truth-speaker in your life, let Nancy speak into your life through Adorned.
I’ll be sharing with you, at the end of this post, how you can enter to win your free copy of Adorned.
I have at least 100 reasons that every woman should read this book, but I’m only going to give you my top 20:
- Adorned lays out the incredible journey of womanhood and explains how to present Christ’s love and truth in a way that is beautiful and visible to those who know you.
- Adorned is a woman’s hands-on-manual for doing life, no matter your age or your marital status.
- Adorned dismantles the idea that biblical womanhood is a legalistic, joyless, fault-finding, narrow-minded prescription for women.
- Adorned doesn’t leave you feeling condemned or defeated, but graciously inspires you to “teach out of what God showed you when you messed up.”
- Adorned is written in a way that feels like you’re sitting in Nancy’s living room and she’s answering every question you’ve ever had about relationships and biblical womanhood.
- Adorned motivates and inspires women to live out the gospel “together” by explaining and emphasizing the need for sisterhood within community.
- Adorned is full of practical content to use in coming alongside another woman as a truth-speaker in her life—even if you’ve never had a woman personally disciple you.
- Adorned provides the biblical template for establishing long-term and fruitful discipleship relationships between women.
- Adorned isn’t a boring book of theoretical propositions, it is packed full of real life stories of women who are living out the truth and beauty of the gospel.
- Adorned hands you a road map for navigating the terrain of Titus 2 in our own era and cultural context, without a one-way-only approach to living out womanhood.
- Adorned is the resource you will turn to repeatedly, through every season of womanhood, to refocus and realign your heart with God’s calling for your life.
- Adorned gives practical instruction for bringing eternal realities into your daily activities.
- Adorned is the resource you’ve been looking for, if you desire to learn how to live out the beauty of the gospel with others.
- Adorned effectively tackles tough issues that every woman grapples with: sex, love, self-control, relationships, and pretty much anything you’d want to ask a spiritually mature woman.
- Adorned presents a counter-cultural curriculum for women that is meaty and inspiring, by covering every aspect of the instructions to women in Titus 2 in a theologically sound and spiritually motivating manner.
- Adorned is the fruit of one woman’s life-long pursuit (including her struggles) to faithfully apply God’s truth and the lessons she’s learned along the way.
- Adorned challenges us with the truth that: “The woman you will be in ten or twenty or fifty years is being determined by the woman you are this week.”
- Adorned reminds you that you’ve been “set apart by God for sacred service” and stirs your desire to live that out!
- Adorned will challenge your thinking patterns and motivate you to live for God’s glory in all areas of your life.
- Adorned contains the message that I am praying the daughters of our generation will pass on to their daughters!
The Miriam Webster dictionary defines “Magnum Opus” as a “great work; especially the greatest achievement of an artist or writer.” I would define Adorned as Nancy’s Magnum Opus . . . at least so far. This is her twentieth book, and there are more to come (hopefully), but this is indeed her legacy work; her gift to her global sisterhood.
Adorned releases today! And I want to give you the opportunity to win your very own copy right here. Share this post on any of your social media sites, then let us know where you shared it in your comment below. Molly, the site administrator, will pull one of your comments out of the hat to win your copy of Adorned.
If you aren’t the winner of the free copy, I encourage you to order it here, read it, underline it, devour it . . . and then pass on the truths you’re learning. You can do this book as a study with a friend or a group of women. I’ll be diving into this study with the women of our church this summer and pray that those who know us will be impacted by our desire to adorn the gospel together!
If you leave a comment below letting us know where you shared this post, you’ll be entered to win your gift copy!
Ready, Set, Share!