It still blows us away that God would do something like this. Listening to Focus on the Family when we were a young couple, struggling to survive in our marital misery, we would’ve never dreamed that one day God would choose to not only transform our marriage, but He would place the story on their radio broadcast. He never ceases to amaze us.
We admire and appreciate the kind folks at Focus on the Family. They’ve got a heart to minister to the broken and needy and have been faithfully doing that for almost four decades.
If you’ve never heard the radio program or checked out their website, I hope you’ll take time to do that today. If you go to their website, you’ll find tons of articles on marriage, parenting, life issues, adoption, and spiritual growth. You can also listen to an online audio version of recent radio programs from your computer . . . and they have a treasure chest full of great programs!
We’ve personally benefited from this ministry for several years and are honored to be their guests this week.
If you missed yesterday’s post with suggestions for listening to Thursday’s program, you might want to check that out. You can listen to today’s program online by clicking this link: Loving and Leading Your Strong Woman (Part 2).
We suggest that, if possible, you listen to these with your spouse. If you and your spouse are in a difficult place in your marriage right now, don’t apply pressure, but pray about gently suggesting an evening together to listen to both of these programs and then have a humble, but honest discussion about your relationship.
Suggested questions to discuss after listening together:
- What things could you relate to in this program?
- Is there anything that you’re struggling with that you’ve not been able to share with me?
- In what ways can I show greater appreciation for you?
- Have I hurt you in ways that you’ve not shared with me?
- What suggestions do you have for things that would help our relationship to thrive?
- What would help you to experience greater security in my love for you?
- What can I do to communicate my care for you?
- What can we do to develop a better communication pattern?
- This question is for the wife to ask: How can I encourage you as a spiritual leader?
- This question is for the husband to ask: In what ways would you like for me to demonstrate greater spiritual leadership?
If you want to listen to today’s broadcast, click on this link. You can find the program here for the next 31 days, after that it can be ordered from Focus on the Family.
You might find it helpful to go through our books together as a couple, or in a small group setting. Focus is offering the book for husbands if you send a donation (which is a great investment of your financial resources!). You can find “Fierce Women” (the book for wives) at their website or other online retailers.
Please join us in praying for men and women who hear this broadcast. Ask God to give you wisdom for how to share this with friends or family members who need to hear the program. We’re asking God to reach couples who are struggling in their marriage and fill them with hope for what He can do.
May God restore marriages that are at the critical place ours once was! Join us in asking Him to do a miraculous work?